Radio frequency identification (RFID) is a form of wireless communication that uses radio waves to identify and track objects. RFID takes the barcoding concept and digitizes it for the modern world providing the ability to:
- Uniquely identify an individual item beyond just its product type
- Identify items without direct line-of-sight
- Identify many items (up to 1,000s) simultaneously
- Identify items within a vicinity of between a few centimetres to several meters
- RFID can identify individual objects at rates of over 1,000 tags per second.
BCIL specializes in providing business automation solutions to the global RFID market. We have implemented a wide variety of enterprise class solutions for supply chain automation, manufacturing automation for Automotive, Pharma, FMCG, Consumer durable, Oil & Gas and Retail item level RFID applications.
At BCIL, we engage deeply with the businesses in market verticals such as Retail, E Commerce, Transport and Logistic, Automotive, Pharma, FMCG, Healthcare, Consumer Durables and Govt , to study the existing processes, understand pain points and challenge areas, design and architect and build a technology road map based on optimal solution set using combination of RFID and AIDC technologies.
- Automate inventory and asset-tracking in healthcare, manufacturing, retail and business sectors
- Identify the source of products, enabling intelligent recall of defective or dangerous items such as tainted foods, defective toys and expired or compromised medication
- Prevent use of counterfeit products in the supply chain
- Improve shopping experience for consumers, with fewer out-of-stock items and easier returns
- Provide visibility into the supply chain, yielding a more efficient distribution channel and reduced business costs
- Decrease business revenue lost to theft or inaccurate accounting of goods
- Improve security through better cargo monitoring at ports
- Enable access control of certain areas or devices